Are you concerned your buyer’s agent might be a little green? The buyer’s agency industry is still in its infancy in Australia.
Many new operators have set up shop recently without prior or practical experience. Some are operating as self-proclaimed ‘experts’ and ‘heavy hitters’. Many are working part-time, so aren’t committed industry professionals.
When choosing a buyer’s agent ask the following:
- How experienced is the buyer’s agent?
- Do they have a solid local knowledge of the area they’ll be searching in for you?
- What qualifications do they have?
- What are their most recent purchases
- Do they own property themselves?
- Do they have the contacts to find you the property that best suits your criteria?
- Are they REBAA accredited?
- Do they have a minimum of two years’ industry experience?
We ensure our members are experienced (or supported via industry mentoring to continue their professional growth), licensed in their respective states, are operating with the required Professional Indemnity and acting exlusively and in the best interests of the buyer.
To find an accredited REBAA member click here: https://rebaa.com.au/members/