During this COVID-19 pandemic, employers need to know their obligations to their employees and consider what needs to be done to protect the physical and financial health of your employees and business.
The Fair Work Act 2009 provides that employers have a right to stand down employees in certain circumstances. Modern awards, enterprise agreements or employment contracts may also contain stand down provisions and generally such periods are unpaid.
Join Chris Smith, CEO of Happy HR, to learn about your rights and responsibilities as an employer in the face of COVID-19 in this FREE member webinar.
Training will include:
- If we are forced into lockdown, do I still need to pay my employees?
- Do I allow allow my staff to stay at home as a precaution?
- What if my employee can’t return to work because they are suspected of having Coronavirus or they are caring for someone in this situation?
- What if my employee is unable to return from overseas or is quarantined?
- Is it necessary to close if a staff member tests positive?
- Can I negotiate alternative pay arrangements?
- What if I can’t pay my staff?
- How can I better manage cash flow at the moment?
This training is scheduled to run on Tuesday 24 March from 10.00am until 11.00am and is exclusive to REBAA members. To register your interest please email email@example.com.